Monday, July 21, 2014

Be Happy & Smile...

I had a lovely few weeks. 


Imagine how different your day becomes when you do small things for another person, like a simple smile can make another persons day. 

With the industry I work in, one must always wear a smile no matter how bad a day you are having. Sometimes it can be hard and you tend to lose the smile during the day. This happens to me, especially when you have guests over a long period of time. 

A few things happened to me, that reminded me how beautiful a smile can really be. 

1. I was going about my day, cleaning and organizing the boat before the new guests arrived. I had to take a few things outside to clean with the high pressure spray { which is actually quite fun to use }. I smiled for some reason and an Italian gentleman from a boat further down the Jetty, walked up to me and proceeded to greet me and strike up a conversation - starting with you have a beautiful smile. I became awkward and weird after that as I do when one pays me a compliment. Now everytime I see him he blows me a kiss and greets me, I smile and that makes him happy. :) 

2. Every morning I buy Croissants for the guests to have with breakfast. Although I have been in Italy for Four Summers,my Italian isn't fluent. While I was at the cafe and giving the gentleman behind the bar my order, another man from a boat down the way approached me and helped me order in Italian. Stating that after four summers, Inow needed to learn a new phrase everyday. While attempting to place my order I laugh like an idiot and the gentleman behind the bar absolutely loved it. He was so patient and helpful, continued to ask where I was from and my name ect. eventually he told me my smile was radiant and that I should never stop. Now when I go see him in the morning, he greets me the Italian way with a kiss on each cheek and waits for my awkward smile before taking my order. Day Made! :) 

3. While waiting for guests to arrive back on the boat there was a little boy walking with his dad along the walk-on, he was fascinated by our bicycles standing outside, he was dressed up complete with long pants a collared shirt and the coolest kicks. I smiled at him and the most heart melting thing happened. He stopped, looked up at me smiled and blew me a kiss. I mean he must have been 3 or 4 years old it was absolutely beautiful. Definitely going to be a charming man one day. My day was absolutely made by the cutest human I have ever seen in Porto Rotondo. 

Just by noticing that something as small as a smile can make anyones day better, whether it be a friend or a stranger passing by. 


So be someone elses sunshine, Be the reason someone smiles today. 

/
{Smiles all round}

No comments:

Post a Comment