Friday, May 30, 2014

Here and Settled...

After many a long flight, I have finally made the boat home once again.

So here is my flight plan - I flew Emirates Airlines, which is rather amazing {they sport a rather lovely group of staff - easy on the eyes :) }. Durban to Dubai was the first leg - the longest of the three. I had a 4 hour layover, so first stop Starbucks {YES PLEASE}, and then a large amount of window shopping. I tend to get very hungry when flying - so Food was next on the layover agenda. After all that I sat and read my book while waiting to board {Currently reading Fault in our Stars - John Greene (Brilliant)}.
 {My little superhero and I at Starbucks}

Dubai to Rome was next , not too bad a flight - I managed to catch a few zzz's. Once in Rome I had to collect my luggage and then re-check in for the last flight to Olbia {Missions}. Anyway when checking in I had to hide one of my carry on pieces { as you are only allowed one with a domestic flight - I had two as was travelling internationally } this worked and I was able to catch my last flight. To be Completely honest - worst flight I have ever been on - seriously thought I might die. The pilot did a horrendous job flying and landing the plane.

However I am alive and well, happy to be back in the land of Pizza, Pasta and all things fattening... I am all settled in - finally have a local number once again, and internet connection so can keep everyone updated.

 {Found this lovely Letter from the sister - 
hidden so I would only find in when I unpacked}




 {Airport Selfie}

 {My mum gave me this little Superhero last year when I left, she wants me to travel with him and take pictures everywhere I go, 

{Everyone has to have an airplane photo} 

 Once I arrived in Porto Rotondo, I had to eat at my favourite restaurant - Tartarughina ( English translation - little turtle), Most often I will have the Spaghetti alla vongole, never fails me.

{My super delicious dinner on Monday evening}

From Tuesday until Today (Friday), I have been busy settling in and trying to organize comms. This weekend is the Porto Rotondo Boat Show - all is set up extremely well, and looks beautiful. I am super excited for this weekend and Sunday. I am heading to Rome for a couple days, to sightsee a little more but mainly to watch Queens of the Stone Age play at Rock in Roma, almost as excited as I was for Incubus two years ago.

Until next time  - Live Long and Prosper! 





No comments:

Post a Comment