Monday, June 16, 2014

Work, food and an Update...

This past week has been a tad boring, the boat that I work on is privately owned. So we only have family and friends onboard during the summer. This season is going to be extremely quiet, as the owner and his wife are not joining us and so not many people want to be here without them. 

My blog won't be as exciting with travels until October, but I shall keep you intrigued as much as I can whether it be with food, music, funny stories or just anything in general. However I am hoping to see a bit more of the Island before I leave so I shall definately document that. 

There is another South African boat in the marina they are lovely people, an Austrian man and a Swiss lady, they both reside in Cape Town for six months and then Sardinia for the other six months. I often head over for a braai, drinks or just chats and it is always lovely. Last Saturday we had a real South African braai complete with potato salad and garlic bread. {Yum!} They have a car on the island so when she goes to town I go with her, much easier than hiring a car. They are like another set of parents, and I truly am grateful. 

There is rain here {YAY!} loving it.





 I have indeed been trying to improve my skills in the kitchen, last week I made the most amazing Roast chicken and veg dish. Basically just chopped up a bunch of mediterranean veg, oiled and spiced them up, chucked it all in a ovenproof dish and threw it in the oven. {Voila!} Dinner is served.


On Friday I made my first ever Beef burger, { there is a story to why - a post for another day maybe?!}. So I went the easy route and bought ready made fresh hamburger patties, seasoned them up with some S&P and cayenne pepper, rubbed it in there real good. Then I continued to chop up some gherkins, red onions, lettuce, I grated some cheese and fried up some bacon bits. I  must add that I made my very own 'slap chips' - which turned out amazing. The burger came with grilled buns and everything. I was indeed proud of myself, first time burger attempt turned out great! 

On Saturday I spent the day on the beach {Best!}, I went to a little beach down the way from the port called Tartarughino-(little turtle). They have comfy beach chairs and complimentary towels, a restaurant and one stunning blue beach. 
{I was sporting my O'Bryans cap and a Heineken for most of they afternoon.}



{I literally did absolutely nothing but bake in the sun and read Dave Grohls biography - This is a call.}
 
Sunday came alone to quickly, so I slept in and then tried  my hand at some cupcake art. I love cupcakes - {if I could marry a cupcake and travel with him I would.} I have this amazing cupcake recipe that I got from my mom's colleague. It's amazing and works super well.   

{My attempt at Tobi from Naruto}

{My attempt at the ear from the series Hannibal}


Sunday evening came and it was time for a lovely dinner and a movie { The Hobbit - Desolation of Smaug}. 




{The Gorgeous Sunset to end off the weekend however it did get better later on}



On Mondays I am meant to see my Best and her cutie pie, but because I am not able to be there I edit pictures of him, and she also sends me updates. I love this tiny human. <3


Till the next time I have something interesting to tell you. 

Ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment